Facts and figures
- July 1934.
Owned and Operated by
- LHR Airports Limited
- Managing Director: Nick Barton.
- 24 hours, 365 days a year.
- Passengers per year: 3.3 million in 2012
- Number of runways: 1 fixed-wing, plus 3 helicopter runways.
- Runway length: 1,953m.
- Number of terminals: 1 passenger terminal, 1 offshore fixed-wing terminal plus 3 helicopter terminals.
Investment and economic contribution
- In the past ten years: £52 million.
- In the next ten years: £57 million.
- Employs: Around 250 people employed by Aberdeen International Airport but more than 2,500 jobs are supported by the airport.
- Recent developments include the 124m extension to the main runway, a new covered international walkway, a £5m parking deck and a resurfacing project.