Record year for Aberdeen International Airport
More than 3.48 million people passed through Aberdeen International Airport in 2013 according to figures released today. That makes it the busiest year in the airports history, and beats the previous record high of 3.43 million in 2007, before the economic downturn.
Airport MD Carol Benzie said: “Throughout 2013 we were aware that the whole team was putting in a great performance, and it is therefore very pleasing to see us record such a high passenger figure. What this represents is a recovery from the recession which hit the whole of the UK aviation sector, some more than others. We have recovered and then improved upon that performance as a result of great team-work and the continued buoyancy of our region.
“Of course, 2014 is set to be as challenging as it is exciting. Our terminal redevelopment plans will be getting underway in earnest and we will be working hard to add to our leisure portfolio. We will be challenging all the relevant authorities on issues including surface access to our airport and the burden placed on passengers by Air Passenger Duty.”
The full-year results have been published on the same day as the passenger totals for the month of December were revealed. The final month of 2013 saw numbers increase by 8.1% to 261,445, with growth in both the fixed-wing and helicopter operations.
*Total 2013 passenger number 3,488,407. That represents 3.79% growth on the previous year and of those there were 517,526 helicopter passengers.
JET 727 Bus Increases Frequency - Now Up To Every 10 Minutes
Passenger numbers continue steady climb
Passenger numbers January 2014
- Two charities to share in a bumper prize fund
- Record year for Aberdeen International Airport
- Passenger numbers for March
- Appointment of a new Non-Executive Board Member
- Busiest April ever
- More choice, more variety and more local routes for Scottish sun seekers
- May passenger numbers revealed
- FLYBE Launches Multi-stop FlyShuttle from Aberdeen
Get ready for security the summer get away
easyJet to introduce Aberdeen’s only scheduled flights to Geneva
Terminal redevelopment moves a step closer
- June passenger numbers grow further
- Charity partner takes centre stage at Aberdeen International Airport
- Flybe to pick up London City route
- July passenger numbers on the rise
- Work starts to improve city play park
- Summer boost for August passenger numbers
- Passenger numbers September 2014
- MD comment on airport sale
Terminal transformation takes off
Flybe starts new flights from Aberdeen to London City
Calls to devolve APD