In recent years Aberdeen International Airport has won a number of awards, including the highlights listed here:
- GOLD Investors in People award
- Finalist at the Scottish Transport Awards - Airport of the Year
- Northern Star 2014 finalists for "Excellence in Customer Service" and "Excellence in Health and Safety"
- Accredited against three H&S standards:
- ISO 9001 - assesses quality management processes
ISO 14001 - provides assurances on environmental management systems
OHSAS 18001 - a British standard for occupational Health and Safety
- GOLD Healthy Working Lives award.
- 'Mental Health and Well-being' commendation from the Scottish Centre for Healthy Working Lives.
- First airport in the UK to be awarded 'Customer First' accreditation, in recognition of the launch and delivery of the customer charter.
- Shortlist for "Excellence in Customer Service" at the Northern Star Business Awards
- Winner - 'Airports Under 4m Passengers' category at the Routes Europe Marketing Awards
- Shortlist as 'Airport of the Year' at the Scottish Transport Awards
- Shortlist as “Best Airport in Social Media” at the Simpliflying Awards
- Shortlist for "Airport of the Year" at the National Transport Awards
- Finalists in Northern Star Awards - category: Best Overall Medium Business.
- Scottish Transport Awards - A team from the security and terminal department finalists in ‘Frontline Employee of the Year’.
- Finalist in Process Excellence Awards - category: "Best Start-up Business Process Excellence Programme (Under 2 Years)"
- Bronze award - National Recycling Stars
- British Safety Council – International Safety Award with Merit.
- "Best Bus Service" Airport Jet Bus 727 – Scottish Transport Awards
- Silver "Investors in People" award