Terminal Transformation Project
Aberdeen International Airport is currently investing in a comprehensive transformation of the passenger facilities. This three year project will deliver a 50% increase in the size of the terminal, including:
- New immigration, domestic, and international arrivals facilities.
- Larger and enhanced security search area.
- Exciting new retail and catering layout in the departure lounge.
- New international and domestic baggage reclaim facilities.
- Two new first floor business lounges.
Phase one of the project commenced in mid-2016 and will be complete by June 2017. This will see the construction of a two-storey extension to the south of the existing terminal, making space for new arrivals and immigrations facilities, and new business lounges on the upper level. Temporary facilities will be in place as these works are undertaken.
We are committed to minimising the impact of construction activity on our passengers. However, we would appreciate your patience and understanding whilst we transform the airport. Regular progress updates will be provided on our website and social media channels so please follow us on Twitter or Facebook for all the latest information during this exciting time.
Latest project updates
- 2015: Demolition of vacant building to make way for new terminal extension.
- March 2016: Works commence to upgrade electrical infrastructure.
- 22 April 2016: International arrivals route modified as part of enabling construction works. This will be clearly signposted and staff will be on hand to assist.
- 23 May 2016: Temporary Domestic and International Baggage Reclaim Facilities to be launched.
- July 2016: Foundations and ground works are completed and erection of the steel structure commences.
- September 2016: Steel structure complete, pouring of floor slabs and installation of roof commences.
- December 2016: External wall cladding and windows in place and terminal extension officially water tight.
- 22 May 2017: International baggage reclaim construction complete and handed over to the airport.
- 30 May 2017: International baggage reclaim opens to passengers.
- July 2017: Domestic baggage reclaim opens to passengers.
- August 2017: Demolitions commence to clear space for the construction of new security search.
- May 2018: New and enlarged security search facility opens to passengers.
Red Hot Chilli Pipers open International Arrivals
See what happened when we surprised the first passengers to walk through our new International Arrivals area...
Terminal Transformation Webcam
This webcam updates on the hour with a live update on the current state of transformation.