The App offers:
- Flight information
- Links to book parking, lounge, priority security and COVID Testing
- Airport information
- Links to third party sites for food pre-ordering service
- Retail information, offers and promotions
- Destination information
- Alerts and notifications
- Augmented Reality Bag Checker
Please note that you can adjust your preferences within the App using the settings.
Privacy notice edit history
Text last updated: 7 April 2021
Page visually refreshed: 7 April 2021
Collection of your Information
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect via the App depends on the content and materials you use, and includes:
- First name and surname
- Email address
- Country (this is set to Scotland by default but can be amended by users)
- Boarding Pass details
- Outbound or Inbound Flight
Information our servers automatically collect when you access the App, include frequent flights and destinations.
We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using the App, to provide location-based services. You do not need to accept this. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
We only use geo-location information if the user accepts location permissions, and it is only used to provide an approximate time duration to the airport from the device’s current location, and to trigger certain push notifications.
If the user is in the airport, we anonymously get this information from each user through:
- Device ID
- Firebase Token
- Area where the user is in
- Nearest beacon
- Action: entering or leaving the area / beacon range
- Timestamp of the event
Mobile Device Access
We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s camera (used to provide our Augmented Reality Bag Checker too and to scan your boarding card to quickly track a flight If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
Mobile Device Data
Device information including device ID and Firebase token (neither of which are linked to your personal data) and any other data which you choose to provide.
We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the App. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
The following notifications are sent to users:
- Flight tracking push notifications, to update the user;
- On-demand push notifications sent from Aberdeen Airport from the Customer Management System to communicate news, alerts, offers or any kind of information useful to the user;
- Salesforce push notifications: marketing notifications automatically triggered Aberdeen Airport’s Salesforce platform; and
- Automatically triggered push notifications where a number of people in a certain area is higher than the capacity, the App automatically triggers this kind of push notification.
All of the data is stored in Aberdeen Airport’s website’s user pool and databases.
Third-Parties are used to process the personal data, including Saleforce and the App developer.
Data From Surveys
24 hours after a user completes a passenger journey, departure or arrival, the App offers an anonymous customer experience survey. The results are stored in the App’s portal. It is optional for users to participate in these surveys.
Users may be asked, from time-to-time to leave feedback at the App store from which this App was downloaded.
Use of your Information
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with the best service using the App. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the App to:
1. Create and manage users’ accounts.
2. Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
3. Deliver targeted information regarding the airport and its facilities and destination information to users.
4. Email users regarding their accounts.
5. Generate a personal profile about users to make future visits to the App more personalised.
6. Increase the efficiency and operation of the App.
7. Monitor and analyse usage and trends to improve users experience with the App.
8. Notify users of updates to the App.
9. Offer recommendations to users.
10. Perform other business activities as needed.
11. Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
12. Request feedback and contact users about their use of the App and the airport.
We are processing users’ personal data in order to provide the App facilities to users. We will only process user’s personal data for one or more of the following lawful bases:
(a) Consent, which users can withdraw at any time
(c) Legal Obligation
(d) Vital Interests
(e) Public Task
(f) Legitimate Interests
As a data subject, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. These are listed below.
- the right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal data
- the right to rectification – you have the right to ask us to rectify personal data which you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete personal data which you think is incomplete;
- the right to erasure – you have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances;
- the right to restrict processing – you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- the right to data portability – you have the right to ask that we transfer you personal data which you gave us to another organisation or to you, in certain circumstances;
- the right to object – you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances; and
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
A fee will not generally be charged for exercising any of these rights unless your requests are unfounded or are manifestly excessive.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, or if you have any concerns about how your personal data is being processed, please contact us, using the contact details below.
Sharing of your Information
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be shared as follows:
- Compliance with the law
- Approved third party suppliers or contractors
Retention of Privacy Data
We will only retain your personal data in accordance with our Retention Policy and Schedule and in accordance with legal requirements and / or best practice.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Our Apps uses Google Analytics and Firebase for analysis purposes and specifically to identify any technical issues or difficulties the users of our Apps are having during the customer journey. To do this, Google Analytics records what is viewed, and for how long on each App page. Events are also tracked, which are a combination of pages viewed on the App. Google Analytics and Firebase does not include your personal details, financial details or any special categories of personal data. The information collected is used for internal purposes only and is used to improve the usability of our Apps and is stored and used only for the purposes of collecting aggregates and statistics relating to the functional performance of our Apps.
Security of your Information
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorised parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
Policy for Children
We do not knowingly solicit information from children under the age of 13. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
Options Regarding your Information
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
Emails and Communications
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences.
- Unsubscribe via the links in the email sent
- Contacting us using the information provided below.
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
Changes to this privacy notice
How to Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice or the information we hold about you or if you have any concerns about our use of your personal data by:
Post: Data Protection Officer
St Andrews Drive,
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are unhappy with how we have used your data:
Information Commissioner’s Office
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. At the start of this privacy notice, we will tell you when it was last updated.
Privacy notice added to website.